MBA in Finance Online
I Am READY
for a #1 Ranked Online MBA!
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Feliciano School of Business.
Financial managers, advisors and analysts help guide critical fiscal decisions for everyone from individual investors to massive multinational corporations. A graduate finance degree demonstrates mastery of advanced investment strategies and corporate financial management. Qualified professionals remain in high demand among businesses and financial services firms, where a MBA in Finance Online can pave the way to senior management and executive-level roles.
Montclair State University’s Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance will help students develop the sought-after skills and knowledge they need to succeed. This comprehensive program combines the convenience of online learning and the prestige of Montclair State’s acclaimed Feliciano School of Business. Graduates will be well prepared for financial planning and leadership in all types of organizations, whether they intend to manage investment portfolios or corporate cash flows.
When an investor or enterprise entrusts large sums of money to a financial manager, they expect expert advice and informed decisions. The Master’s in Business Administration in Finance from Montclair State provides a solid grounding in accounting, economics and investments as part of the core MBA program, then goes deeper into advanced topics such as capital structure, short-term assets, and options and futures markets.
This online finance degree program can benefit:
- Bachelor’s degree holders who majored in business and seek to expand their financial expertise
- Accountants and finance specialists who wish to build their client base or move into management
- Career-changers who want to put their talent for numbers and analytical skills to better use
- Financial managers who aspire to executive roles such as treasurer, controller or CFO
- Entrepreneurs looking to grow their business, court investors or navigate acquisitions or mergers
Successful financial managers have a big-picture perspective that goes beyond the numbers on a balance sheet; they understand the risks, costs and revenue opportunities associated with every aspect of a business or investment. That’s why Montclair State’s Finance MBA Online Programs covers subjects ranging from information systems to operations and supply chain management before delving into complex and far-reaching financial considerations.
Students enrolled in the finance track of Montclair State’s MBA program will learn how to:
- Use benchmarking and performance evaluation to direct investment decisions.
- Master the principles, methods and mechanics of managing working capital and short-term resources.
- Analyze the potential risk and return of futures, forward and swap contracts.
- Determine the optimal mix of debt and equity to finance corporate assets.
- Evaluate call and put options and apply hedging strategies in options portfolios.
- Identify potential acquisition targets and assess them using fundamental analysis, discounted cash flow methods and price/earnings ratios.
Candidates pursuing this finance degree must complete 39 credit hours of graduate-level coursework. All Montclair State MBA students undertake 30 credits of core business administration classes. This specialization also requires six additional finance courses totaling 9 credit hours.
Want even more career information?
Try our Career Finder Survey to get your customized job profile!
Explore Career Insights for Finance Leaders in Your Location
Master in Finance Degree Career Spotlight
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 15%
- Average Salary (2019) – $129,890 annual
- Hourly rate – $62.45 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Speaking.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Financial Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 5%
- Average Salary (2019) – $81,590 annual
- Hourly rate – $39.22 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Mathematics, Speaking.
- Percent with master’s degree – 35%
- Financial Analyst Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $85,260 per year
- Hourly rate – $40.99 per hour
- Important qualities/skills – Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Speaking.
- Percent with master’s degree – 46%
- Management Consultant Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 6%
- Average Salary (2019) – $135,900 per year
- Hourly rate – $65.34 hourly
- Important qualities/skills -Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring, Persuasion, Complex Problem Solving.
- Percent with master’s degree – 24%
- Marketing Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $100,980 annual
- Hourly rate – $48.55 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Coordination, Judgment and Decision Making.
- Percent with master’s degree – 12%
- Health Services Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 14.%
- Average Salary (2019) – $146,360 annual
- Hourly rate – $70.37 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Computer & Information Systems Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
Finance MBA: Specialized Online Master’s Program
Required MBA Core Courses
Every Montclair State MBA program includes 18 core courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing and Management. Refer to the General MBA curriculum for the complete list of MBA core courses.
Total Core MBA Credits – 30*
Finance Degree Concentration Courses
Short-Term Financial Management
Futures, Forwards and Swaps
Capital Structure and Payout Policy
Financial Aspects of Mergers and Acquisitions
Total Core MBA Credits*
* Students who have not completed prior academic coursework in Accounting, Statistics and/or Finance, or who have not earned a grade of B- or higher in those subjects, may be required to successfully complete online foundation modules in these key areas before registering for MBA courses. Montclair State’s online MBA programs run throughout the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Each semester consists of two eight-week terms; most students enroll in 3 credits per term and will attain their master’s in finance degree in 26 months. The Finance MBA program offers a choice of six start dates each year, so new students can enroll in their first course at the beginning of any semester or half-term.
Invest in Your Future With Montclair State’s Master’s in Business Administration in Finance
This master’s in finance degree is offered by Montclair State’s Feliciano School of Business, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International—the world’s largest and longest-serving accrediting organization for business schools. AACSB accreditation indicates that a business program has successfully passed a multi-year review process and upholds rigorous quality standards. Less than 5% of the world’s business schools have earned this distinction. Among all AACSB-accredited schools in New Jersey, the Feliciano School of Business offers the most affordable online MBA programs in the state.
Students working toward a Finance MBA will participate in classes via the Canvas online learning management system, which provides 24/7 access to course materials and tests/assessments. Students are able to complete weekly lessons and assignments around their own busy schedule, while web-based communication tools allow regular interactions and collaboration with faculty and classmates.
Montclair State does not differentiate between its campus-based and internet-based MBA programs; the diploma and transcripts never specify if a degree was earned online. Employers will only see that the credential has been earned from a respected university with a distinguished history dating back to 1908. Online students can even walk in the graduation ceremony alongside their campus-based peers.
If you’d like to learn more or are ready to pursue a Master’s in Business Administration in Finance, submit the form to request information. You can also connect with an MBA advisor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-6015.
© 2021 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved