Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Finance
Montclair State University’s online Master of Business Administration with a Concentration in Finance at the Feliciano School of Business will help you develop the sought-after skills and knowledge to succeed in the world of Finance and strategic management. If you are a rising professional who desires future leadership opportunities, our STEM -designated MBA will lay a foundation of broad-based business knowledge, providing content and context for roles in corporate financial planning and stewardship as well as investment and asset management.
Our Goals Lead To Your Success
At the Feliciano School of Business, we are driven by a single goal: to prepare business leaders for success. Our Online MBA, ranked by the Princeton Review as a Top 50 Online MBA Programs for 2023, will do just that.
Courses are taught by top-tier, full-time professors who supply real-world knowledge and relevance as you gain the analytical skills you will need to navigate the complex, fast-changing business world.
Our MBA with a concentration in Finance will prepare you for sought- after leadership positions where your financial expertise will inform business strategy. You will:
- Gain expertise in the fundamentals, techniques, and dynamics of managing working capital and short-term assets.
- Employ benchmarking and performance assessment to guide investment choices.
- Determine the most advantageous balance between debt and equity for funding corporate assets.
- Assess choices and implement risk-mitigation strategies in option portfolios.
- Identify and assess potential acquisition prospects through fundamental analysis, discounted cash flow methods, and price-to-earnings ratios.
- Effectively convey intricate financial information to both internal and external stakeholders.
Graduates of the Feliciano School of Business MBA with a concentration in Finance have professional titles such as:
- Financial Manager
- Financial Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
- Accounting Manager
- Corporate Controller
Professionals with an MBA earned on average $40,000 a year more than one with only a bachelor’s degree.*
Each semester has two 8-week terms
3-6 credits (1-2 classes) per term
Finish in 24-26 months
For further details, visit the Montclair State University Catalog.
- All courses are taught using the Canvas course management system.
- Course content is delivered in a self-paced, asynchronous format. Students complete lectures, activities and tests within a flexible modular schedule.
- Communication boards enhance information exchange and allow students to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates in a fully- online fashion.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Application and official college transcripts
- Personal essay
- One letter of recommendation – optional (not required)
- Application fee – may be waived by attending an information session
Students who have earned degrees outside of the U.S. must also supply the following:
- Transcripts: Applicants with a non-US degree must submit a course-by-course evaluation that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework. This must be completed by an accredited agency. For more information on this requirement visit our international applicant page
- English Proficiency: Applicants who earned their undergraduate degree from an institution where English is not the official instructional language must submit proof of English proficiency
*Source: Graduate Management Admission Council 2022 Corporate Recruiters Survey