MBA, Business Analytics
I Am READY
for a #1 Ranked Online MBA!
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Feliciano School of Business.
Organizational success depends on smart business decisions made using relevant data and well-chosen analytics tools. While the value of an MBA is widely recognized, adding business analytics expertise can provide degree holders with a distinct competitive advantage.
Montclair State University and its Feliciano School of Business have earned a reputation for their top-quality MBA offerings and in-demand program specializations. The The 100% online MBA in Business Analytics specialization, provides graduates with a comprehensive grounding in essential business knowledge along with proficiency in mining, analyzing and interpreting “big data”.
Data analytics tools and techniques are deployed across business disciplines and at all levels of an enterprise, from logistics and product development to finance and accounting to sales, marketing and strategic planning. Students who enroll in the online MBA Business Analytics program at Montclair State learn how to evaluate and communicate quantitative information for integration with qualitative considerations in decision-making. Those skills are prized at every level of an organization and, increasingly, are necessary for success.
This online business analytics MBA specialization will benefit:
- Bachelor’s degree holders whose undergraduate field of study will be enhanced by analytical expertise
- Business professionals seeking to demonstrate their readiness for higher management positions
- Career-changers who wish to move into a field with strong growth potential
- Managers and entrepreneurs interested in using data to help find innovative solutions to business problems or expand market share
To capitalize on data analytics, it’s important to have knowledge of the business area under review. That’s why students in Montclair State’s MBA in Business Analytics program study a wide range of subjects—including finance, marketing and information systems—in addition to learning how to leverage data and business intelligence. Analysts have to know what information is needed, how to measure it and how the results will support data-driven business decisions.
In the concentration courses required for this MBA, business analytics students will learn how to:
- Use spreadsheets and software programs to capture, organize and assess relevant data.
- Master the skills required for data exploration, manipulation and visualization.
- Apply best practices in dashboard design and creating effective data visualizations.
- Implement data-mining techniques such as decision trees, neural networks and cluster detection.
- Evaluate both structured and unstructured data using advanced analytics.
Degree candidates must complete 39 credit hours of graduate-level courses to earn an MBA in Business Analytics. This includes the same 30 credits of core classes required for all Montclair State online MBA programs, plus three courses in business intelligence and data analytics totaling 9 credit hours.
Considering a Master of Science degree for a more in-depth data science approach? Visit our MS in Business Analytics page. If you are undecided about which is best for you, check out our comparison of the MBA Business Analytics and Master’s in Business Analytics programs here.
Want even more career information?
Try our Career Finder Survey to get your customized job profile!
Explore Career Insights for Business Analysts in Your Location
Master in Business Analytics Degree Career Spotlight
- Job outlook (percentage) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $85,260 annual
- Hourly rate – $40.99 hourly
- Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Speaking .
- Percent with master’s degree – 46%
- Management Analyst Career Profile on Onetonline.
Business Intelligence Analyst
- Average Salary (2019) – $88,550 annual
- Hourly rate – $42.57 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Active Listening, Speaking, Active Learning.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Business Intelligence Analyst Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 6%
- Average Salary (2019) – $135,900 per year
- Hourly rate – $65.34 hourly
- Important qualities/skills -Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring, Persuasion, Complex Problem Solving.
- Percent with master’s degree – 24%
- Marketing Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $100,980 annual
- Hourly rate – $48.55 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Coordination, Judgment and Decision Making.
- Percent with master’s degree – 12%
- Health Services Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 14.%
- Average Salary (2019) – $146,360 annual
- Hourly rate – $70.37 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Computer & Information Systems Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
Online Business Analytics MBA Program Overview
Required MBA Core Courses
Every Montclair State MBA program includes 18 core courses in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Information Systems, International Business, Marketing and Management. Refer to the General MBA curriculum for the complete list of MBA core courses.
Total Core MBA Credits – 30*
Business Analytics Concentration Courses
Introduction to Business Analytics
Data Analytics and Visualization
Advanced Business Analytics
Business Analytics Concentration Credits – 9
Montclair State’s online MBA programs offer courses year-round with an academic calendar that spans Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Each semester is comprised of two eight-week terms. With a 3-credit course load each term, students can earn an MBA in Business Analytics in just 26 months. New students can enroll in the online business analytics program at the beginning of any semester or half-term, with a choice of six start dates throughout the year.
* Students who have not completed prior academic coursework in Accounting, Statistics and/or Finance, and who have not earned a grade of B- or higher in those subjects, may be required to successfully complete online foundation modules in these key areas before registering for MBA courses.
Montclair State’s academic calendar spans three semesters (Fall, Spring and Summer), and each semester consists of two eight-week terms. Online MBA students complete a 3-credit course load each term and can earn their degree with a concentration in 26 months. New students have a choice of six start dates during the year, and can enroll in online MBA courses at the beginning of any semester or half-term.
*Students who have not completed prior academic coursework in Accounting, Statistics and/or Finance, and who have not earned a grade of B- or higher in those subjects, may be required to successfully complete online foundation modules in these key areas before registering for MBA courses.
Montclair State’s Data Analytics MBA Is a Smart Way to Master Business Intelligence
The data analytics program at Montclair State is offered through the Feliciano School of Business, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International—the world’s largest accrediting organization for business schools. To attain AACSB accreditation, business programs must pass a multi-year review process and meet rigorous quality standards. Less than 5% of the world’s business schools have earned this distinction. Among all AACSB-accredited schools in New Jersey, the Feliciano School of Business offers the most affordable online MBA programs in the state.
Students in this program will take their core MBA and business analytics classes via the Canvas online learning management system, which provides 24/7 access to course materials and tests/assessments. Self-paced learning enables students to complete weekly lessons and assignments on their own schedule, while web-based communication tools allow them to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates.
Montclair State makes no distinction between its campus-based and internet-based MBA programs; there is no reference to “online” on the diploma or transcripts. Employers will only see that the degree comes from a respected university with a distinguished history dating back to 1908. In addition, online students are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremony on campus in Montclair, New Jersey.
If you’d like to learn more or are ready to pursue an MBA in Business Analytics, submit the form to request information. You can also connect with an MBA advisor directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 973-655-6015.
© 2021 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved