MS, Business Analytics
I Am READY
for a #1 Ranked Online Program!
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Feliciano School of Business.
The challenge is clear: businesses across industries need to develop new ways to identify and solve previously complicated and seemingly unsolvable problems, improve customer retention, and still maintain a competitive edge in incredibly fast-paced markets. With a Master of Science in Business Analytics, the path to success is also clear: IT and business professionals alike will learn to distinguish which data is relevant and use it to identify trends and solve old business problems in a new, more efficient manner that is hyper-focused on business success and longevity.
A Master of Science in Business Analytics from Montclair State is a STEM-designated program that provides a strong foundation in data analytics, statistical and predictive modeling, data and big data management, analyzing structured and unstructured data, knowledge discovery, segmentation analysis, and more.
With more data than ever available, businesses need to focus on how to manage, prioritize, and leverage it to drive strategic business decision-making. At Montclair State University, our core courses supply a depth of knowledge in the use of analytics to identify trends and patterns and refine and develop strategies suggested by data. You’ll learn to:
- Understand and utilize data from a variety of sources
- Identify trends through the use of unique KPI’s
- Uncover insight to revolutionize your problem-solving abilities
- An IT professional with a bachelor’s degree, looking for a strong analytical background to position your career to develop business-focused analytics solutions?
- A business professional with a qualitative background looking to provide deep, data-driven insights that foster long-term business solutions?
- A STEM-focused professional ready to tackle Big Data and use it to drive strategic decision-making?
- Ready to help bridge the gap between the business and IT domains?
Our ideal applicants fall into these categories and other professionals, business-related disciplines, plus have a minimum of 2-3 years of work experience in their given field.
Our Capstone Sponsoring Supervisors have a lot to say about the way the MS, BA students applied their business analytics knowledge to provide insight, problem-solve, and strategize for the future:
“[The student] completed a deep dive data analytics project from beginning to end, including identifying and merging data from two systems, applying data transformation and aggregation techniques, and building a Tableau dashboard. The dashboard provides insights into what courses use the learning management system as well as how they use it at the detail level that is not available through reports and dashboards within the application.”
“[The student] helped add value and ROI to top clients through data integration and predictive analytics. She went beyond the surface level analytics and built predictive models to identify key variables affecting utilization and safety, specifically impacts. In performing this analysis, she was able to identify high-level issues with forklift operator activity across multiple sites, as well as pinpoint safety and compliance issues at the site, vehicle, and forklift operator levels. The results are expected to improve both safety and efficiency without any added costs.
Want even more career information?
Try our Career Finder Survey to get your customized job profile!
Explore Career Insights for Business Analysts in Your Location
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 6%
- Average Salary (2019) – $135,900 per year
- Hourly rate – $65.34 hourly
- Important qualities/skills -Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring, Persuasion, Complex Problem Solving.
- Percent with master’s degree – 24%
- Marketing Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $100,980 annual
- Hourly rate – $48.55 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Coordination, Judgment and Decision Making.
- Percent with master’s degree – 12%
- Health Services Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 14.%
- Average Salary (2019) – $146,360 annual
- Hourly rate – $70.37 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Computer & Information Systems Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
Master of Science in Business Analytics
Required Master of Science in Business Analytics Core Courses
The Montclair State MS, Business Analytics STEM-designated program includes 10 core courses that provide graduates with a strong foundation in data analytics, statistical and predictive modeling, analyzing structured and unstructured data, data and Big Data management, knowledge discovery, segmentation analysis, and more. Students may choose from a Fall or Spring Term start. The program (consisting of 30 total credits, including the consulting-based Analytics Practicum) will be completed in 21 months (for a total of 5 semesters).
Total Core MS, BA Credits – 30
|Data Wrangling and Analysis||3|
|Database Systems for Analytics||3|
|Business Processes for Analytics||3|
|Optimization Methods for Business Analytics||3|
|Introduction to Data Mining for Business||3|
|Advanced Data Mining for Business||3|
|Big Data Managed & Analytics||3|
|Applied Statistics for Business Analytics||3|
Montclair State’s academic calendar spans three semesters (Fall, Spring and Summer), and each semester consists of two eight-week terms. Online students complete a 3-credit course load each term and will earn their degree in 21 months.
The Business Analytics program at Montclair State is offered through the Feliciano School of Business, which is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International—the world’s largest accrediting organization for business schools. To attain AACSB accreditation, business programs must pass a multi-year review process and meet rigorous quality standards. Less than 5% of the world’s business schools have earned this distinction. Among all AACSB-accredited schools in New Jersey, the Feliciano School of Business offers one of the most affordable online programs in the state.
Students in this program will take their classes via the Canvas online learning management system, which provides 24/7 access to course materials and tests/assessments. Self-paced learning enables students to complete weekly lessons and assignments on their own schedule, while web-based communication tools allow them to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates.
Montclair State makes no distinction between its campus-based and internet-based programs; there is no reference to “online” on the diploma or transcripts. Employers will only see that the degree comes from a respected university with a distinguished history dating back to 1908. In addition, online students are encouraged to participate in the graduation ceremony on campus in Montclair, New Jersey.
If you’d like to learn more or are ready to pursue an MS in Business Analytics, submit the form to request information. You can also connect with an advisor directly at email@example.com or 973-655-6015.
© 2021 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved