MS, Business Analytics
Masters of Science in Business Analytics
If you’re ready to supercharge your career with in-demand analytics skills, Feliciano School of Business at Montclair State University’s STEM-designated Master of Science in Business Analytics program is ideal. Our Master’s in Business Analytics is a proven program that recognizes the central role of data and analytics across all facets of modern organizations and has versatile learning vehicles to prepare professionals to transform data into intelligence that leads to real-world improvements in financial and human performance, strategic management, operational efficiency, and customer loyalty and retention.
Our Goals Lead To Your Success
At the Feliciano School of Business, we are driven by a single goal: to prepare you for success. Our Masters of Science in Business Analytics, ranked by the U.S. News as #38 in Best Online Master’s in Business Programs, will provide the competitive edge for solving complex business problems.
Courses are taught by top-tier, full-time professors who will supply knowledge and real-world relevance as you gain the analytical skills you’ll need to navigate the complex, fast-changing business world.
Why to Pursue an MS in Business Analytics
An MSBA Degree:
- Increases your earning potential: The median salary of business analytics professionals is close to $104,000 according to Glassdoor.
- Provides better employment opportunities: There is a huge labor shortage in the business analytics field. The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 31.4% employment growth for analytics professionals between 2020 and 2030
- Makes you more competitive: According to Strada Center for Education Consumer Insights, professionals with an advanced degree are more likely to be promoted. Particularly professionals with solid business acumen and state-of-the-art technical knowledge in machine learning and AI have a competitive edge in the labor market.
Methods and Skills to Master include:
- Exploratory data analysis
- Data visualization
- A/B Testing and ANOVA
- Forecasting and Time Series Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Language modeling and Text Mining
- Artificial Intelligence
Tools and Software Platforms to Master include:
- Power BI
Time to Completion
Complete in as few as 20 months
30 credit program. Enroll in 6 credits Fall, Spring and Summer semester in our cohort model
- All courses are taught using the Canvas course management system.
- Course content is delivered in a self-paced, asynchronous format. Students complete lectures, activities and tests within a flexible modular schedule.
- Communication boards enhance information exchange and allow students to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates in a fully-online fashion.
For further details, visit the Montclair State University Catalog.
We encourage and welcome students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, and strive to make the admissions process as easy as possible while maintaining our standards of excellence. For more information, please visit the Office of Graduate Admissions.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Application and official college transcripts*
- Essay/Personal Statement:
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Application fee- may be waived by attending an information session
*Students who have earned degrees outside of the U.S. must also supply the following :
- Transcripts: Applicants with a non-US degree must submit a course-by-course evaluation that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework. This must be completed by an accredited agency. For more information on this requirement visit our international applicant page
- English Proficiency: Applicants who earned their undergraduate degree from an institution where English is not the official instructional language must submit proof of English proficiency.
We encourage you to review the MSBA application requirements and checklist here Start your application today- with no GMAT or GRE required!