MBA, Human Resources Management
I Am READY
for a #1 Ranked Online MBA!
Please fill out the short form below and someone will contact you shortly to discuss the opportunities at Feliciano School of Business.
Help Your Organization Optimize its Talent With Montclair State’s Online Human Resources Master’s Degree
Employees may be an organization’s greatest asset, but it takes skilled leadership to tap their full potential. A MBA in Human Resources Management can be a powerful tool for HR leaders seeking the most effective ways to motivate and train their workforces and to hire, retain and promote the best people. Managers who earn a human resources MBA degree demonstrate a commitment to organizational excellence and can help position their company among the area’s or industry’s top places to work. Many HR professionals have made Montclair State University their first choice for a specialized MBA degree. Students who pursue this HR master’s online benefit from a strong foundation in business administration while gaining expertise in applying successful strategies for managing human capital.
Earn Your Advanced Human Resource Management Degree and Help Your Company Build a Best-in-Class Workforce
Many organizations struggle with high turnover, low morale, unfilled jobs or sub-par productivity. Students in the online MBA in Human Resources Management program at Montclair State take courses that span multiple business disciplines, allowing them to better understand the challenges and unique needs of key departments.
This online human resources master’s degree program is perfectly suited for:
- Individuals who want to improve their job opportunities and earning potential
- HR professionals who aspire to advance into management positions
- Career-changers who want to work in the corporate world in a role that involves talent development and management
- HR managers who wish to have greater influence in strategic decision-making
- Entrepreneurs and small-business owners who plan to expand their workforce and need to establish a formal HR department
MBA in HR Management Degree: Program Curriculum and Learning Outcomes
All Montclair State MBA programs provide a solid foundation in diverse business areas such as finance (Finance MBA online), management (Project Management, Human Resources Management MBA’s) and IT, which prepares graduates for leadership roles and makes them valued contributors on cross-functional teams. The human resources master’s degree program features a series of specialized courses to help students develop the management and analytical skills they’ll need to solve the organization’s HR challenges.
Students who earn their HR master’s online at Montclair State will learn how to:
- Implement HR best practices to improve organizational performance and efficiency.
- Address individual, group and cultural factors that impact global operations.
- Design, develop and implement talent management strategies to increase organizational effectiveness.
- Collect, analyze and interpret data to support workforce decisions.
- Respond to HR-related legal issues and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Foster positive employee relations and help personnel attain work/life balance.
All students enrolled in the MBA in Human Resources Management program must complete 39 credit hours of graduate-level coursework. This includes 30 credits of required core classes and 9 credits of concentration courses specific to the online master of human resource management program.
Want even more career information?
Try our Career Finder Survey to get your customized job profile!
Explore Career Insights for Human Resources Leaders in Your Location
MBA, Human Resources Management Degree Career Spotlight
Human Resources Manager
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 6%
- Average Salary (2019) – $116,720 annual
- Hourly rate – $56.11 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Active Listening, Management of Personnel Resources, Speaking, Judgment and Decision Making, Reading Comprehension.
- Percent with master’s degree – 9%
- Human Resources Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
Training and Development Manager
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 7%
- Average Salary (2019) – $113,350 annual
- Hourly rate – $54.50 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Learning Strategies, Instructing, Active Listening, Coordination, Reading Comprehension.
- Percent with master’s degree – 19%
- Training & Development Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 6%
- Average Salary (2019) – $135,900 per year
- Hourly rate – $65.34 hourly
- Important qualities/skills -Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Reading Comprehension, Social Perceptiveness, Speaking, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring, Persuasion, Complex Problem Solving.
- Percent with master’s degree – 24%
- Marketing Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 11%
- Average Salary (2019) – $100,980 annual
- Hourly rate – $48.55 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Speaking, Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Coordination, Judgment and Decision Making.
- Percent with master’s degree – 12%
- Health Services Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
- Projected growth (2019-2029) – 14.%
- Average Salary (2019) – $146,360 annual
- Hourly rate – $70.37 hourly
- Important qualities/skills – Critical Thinking, Active Listening, Reading Comprehension, Judgment and Decision Making, Monitoring.
- Percent with master’s degree – 14.%
- Computer & Information Systems Manager Career Profile on Onetonline.
Human Resources Management MBA: Online Master’s Program
Required MBA Core Courses
Every Montclair State MBA program includes 18 core courses in Accounting, Economics, Finance, International Business, Information and Technology, Management and Marketing. Refer to the General MBA curriculum for the complete list of MBA core courses.
Total Core MBA Credits* – 30
Human Resources Management Concentration Courses
Strategic Human Resource Management
Managing Global Workforce
Human Resource Analytics
Contemporary Topics in Human Resource Management
Business Leader Perspective
Independent Study in Management
Advanced Project Management
Selected Topics in Management
International Strategic Management
Human Resource Management Concentration Credits – 9
*Students who have not completed prior academic coursework in Accounting, Statistics and/or Finance, and who have not earned a grade of B- or higher in those subjects, may be required to successfully complete online foundation modules in these key areas before registering for MBA courses.
Montclair State’s online programs have courses scheduled throughout the academic year during the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. Each semester consists of two eight-week terms;MBA students complete 3 credits per term and can earn their degree with a human resource management concentration in about 26 months. The Human Resources MBA program offers a choice of six start dates each year, so new students may enroll in their first courses at the beginning of any semester or half-term.
Why Is Montclair State the Right Choice for a Human Resources Master’s Degree?
Montclair State’s Feliciano School of Business is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International, which is the world’s largest and longest-serving accrediting organization for business schools. Less than 5% of business schools worldwide have earned AACSB accreditation, which signifies that a business program has met rigorous quality standards and passed a multi-year review process. Among all AACSB-accredited schools in New Jersey, the Feliciano School of Business offers the most affordable online MBA programs in the state.
All core MBA and HR management classes are delivered via Canvas, an online learning management system, which hosts course materials and activities, tests/assessments, and communication tools to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates. Self-paced classes allow students to complete weekly lessons and assignments on their own schedule.
Graduates will receive a respected degree from a university with a distinguished history dating back to 1908. There is no distinction between campus-based and internet-based MBA programs; Montclair State makes no mention of “online” on the diploma or transcripts. Graduates of the online Human Resources MBA program are welcome to participate in the graduation ceremony on campus in Montclair, New Jersey.
If you’re ready to get started on this online human resources master’s degree program, submit the form to request more information. You can also contact an MBA advisor directly at email@example.com or 973-655-6015.
© 2021 Montclair State University | All Rights Reserved