MBA, Real Estate Development
Montclair State University MBA with a concentration in Real Estate Development (NEW!)
Are you interested in leading commercial real estate projects within a highly competitive field? The Feliciano School of Business at Montclair State University’s STEM-designated MBA with a concentration in Real Estate Development is an exciting program with new specialization that will provide you with the analytical skills and edge to successfully enter the industry and lead commercial real estate ventures. This distinctive online program focuses on all aspects of the development and acquisition processes, and includes relevant and immersive educational experiences in commercial real estate law and finance. The Montclair MBA in Real Estate Development will help you to understand and master the complexities of the commercial real estate market with the knowledge and the practical skills needed to excel now, as well as, in the future.
Our Goals Lead To Your Success
At the Feliciano School of Business, we are driven by a single goal: to prepare business leaders for success. Our Online MBA, ranked by the Princeton Review as a Top 50 Online MBA Programs for 2023, will do just that.
Courses are taught by top-tier, full-time professors who supply knowledge and real-world relevance as you gain the analytical skills needed to navigate the complex, fast-changing business world.
In our MBA with a concentration in Real Estate Development you will learn to:
- Understand and evaluate relevant market structures, institutional frameworks and financial statements
- Utilize data analytics to examine qualitative and quantitative commercial real estate investment scenarios and work through solutions to common problems
- Determine the legal and financial feasibility of commercial real estate acquisitions
- Analyze mortgage markets, market structures and industry-specific institutional frameworks
- Understand how financial institutions and individuals assess risk and value, and invest in mortgages and development projects
- Understand the components of a commercial real estate development project, including budgeting, approvals, contracts and adhering of federal, state and local laws
Graduates of the Montclair State University MBA in Real Estate Development could have professional titles such as:
- Real Estate Development and Project Manager
- Real Estate Development Analyst
- Development Manager
- Real Estate Investment Analyst
- Commercial Real Estate Portfolio Manager
Professionals with an MBA earned on average $40,000 a year more than one with only a bachelor’s degree.*
Each semester has two 8-week terms
3-6 credits (1-2 classes) per term
Finish in 24-26 months
- Courses are self-paced, where you complete lectures, activities and tests on your own schedule.
- Communication boards allow you to engage and collaborate with faculty and classmates fully online.
For further details, visit the Montclair State University Catalog.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Application and official college transcripts
- Personal essay
- One letter of recommendation – optional (not required)
- Application fee – may be waived by attending an information session
Students who have earned degrees outside of the U.S. must also supply the following:
- Transcripts: Applicants with a non-US degree must submit a course-by-course evaluation that includes U.S. bachelor’s degree equivalency information for their coursework. This must be completed by an accredited agency. For more information on this requirement visit our international applicant page
- English Proficiency: Applicants who earned their undergraduate degree from an institution where English is not the official instructional language must submit proof of English proficiency
*Source: Graduate Management Admission Council 2022 Corporate Recruiters Survey